PLEASE NOTE: We WILL continue to accept late reunion registrations as long as possible. Arlington Tour is FULL. Also Sept 30 is deadline to get group rate for remaining rooms at either hotel.
2017 100TH BOMB GROUP FOUNDATION REUNION
OCTOBER 19-22, 2017
HYATT REGENCY DULLES
2300 Dulles Corner Blvd
Herndon, VA 20171
LINK TO RESERVE HOTEL ONLINE
TO RESERVE HOTEL BY PHONE: (703) 713-1234 Mention “100th Bomb Group” to get discounted room rate of $109/night single occupancy (+$10 per each additional person). Room rate includes free Wifi and full breakfast.
The primary reunion hotel is nearly full, but a nearby hotel has a block of rooms available for our group. It's a 5 minute walk to the Hyatt Regency, and the hotels will shuttle if you request it:
HYATT PLACE HERNDON DULLES (ALTERNATE HOTEL)
13711 Sayward Blvd
Herndon, VA 20171
Online Reunion Registration
Reunion Registration Form
(to print and mail)
100th Bomb Group Foundation Reunions are first and foremost a gathering of extended family. Our reunion hotel has lots of indoor and outdoor space to sit, visit with old friends and make new ones. A huge banquet hall just for meals and a second ballroom for presentations. We do have an informative historical program in the works and we hope you participate! There is an OPTIONAL visit to Arlington on Thursday afternoon (must be signed up for). Note we’ve added a few meals to take pressure off attendees who do not have a car or those who just want to stay put with friends. The hotel dining and catering staff will be ready!
SCHEDULE SUMMARY AS OF SEPTEMBER 6, 2017
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 18
- 6:30 - 8:30PM Optional Dinner at Hotel for Early Arrivals (see registration form)
THURSDAY OCTOBER 19
- 9:00 - 11:00AM Board of Directors Meeting
- 10:00AM Reunion Registration Desk Opens
- UPDATE: 12:30PM - 5:00PM Arlington Cemetery Tour in open trams. LIMIT 105 - SIGN UP REQUIRED. Note: Wreath laying on 100th BG gravesites (was not approved by Arlington because of ongoing burials).
- PENDING UPDATE: B-17 Memphis Belle (Movie) at Dulles Airport 1:00-3:00PM
- 6:30 - 8:30PM Welcome Buffet
FRIDAY OCTOBER 20
- ALL DAY Udvar-Hazy Smithsonian Air & Space Museum
- Located on edge of Dulles Airport, this museum attracts military & aviation buffs from around the world. You will be immersed in airplanes - from the earliest aircraft, to the P-51 and B-29 Enola Gay from WWII, to the Space Shuttle Discovery. There is a Restoration Center where one can observe ongoing preservation work, and an Observation Deck overlooking Dulles Airport. Docents are already preparing for our visit, including some WWII veterans. IMAX shows are optional throughout the day. Shuttle coach bus transport will be provided all day, so come and go as you wish.
- 5:30 - 7:00PM Symposium Dinner Buffet
- 7:00 - 9:00PM Symposium SEPT 11, 1944 RUHLAND MISSION & HISTORICAL RESEARCH
- 100th Bomb Group Historian Mike Faley, Jan Zdiarsky and others will present Historical Symposium centered on the 100th BG Ruhland Mission of Sept. 11, 1944. From reenacted Mission Briefing, to documentary air combat with loss of 12 100th BG B-17s and crew, and post-war research on the fate of planes and missing aircrew - this ongoing story is compelling. Losses were devastating for the 100th, but that was just the beginning. Decades later, after the fall of the Soviet Union, dedicated researchers set out to discover and excavate crash sites, document each crew’s fate, and solve the mysteries long-unanswered from that air battle in the skies of over Kovarska, Czech Republic. Families whose loved ones disappeared that day, still awaited news…. This remarkable story deserves to be told, and the 100th BG Foundation is proud to bring it to you.
SATURDAY OCTOBER 21
- 9:00 - 10:00AM General Business Meeting for Membership of 100th Bomb Group Foundation
10:30 - 11:30AM A CONVERSATION WITH AVIATION ARTIST - GIL COHEN, ASAA - Gil Cohen is one of the most popular and collected aviation artists of all time. Through the years, Gil has completed 8th Air Force subjects including notables of the 100th BG. Gil's presentation profiles his 100th BG subjects, including "Rosie" Rosenthal, Harry Crosby, and his latest drawing, Valiant Return, commissioned exclusively for the 100th BGF Dulles Reunion.
- 11:30 - 1:00PM Buffet Lunch
- 1:15 - 2:15PM Phil Samponaro, 95th BG Historian, will tell his uncle‘s story, Dudley Ingraham, KIA 350th Sq MY CHANCES OF COMING THROUGH: War, Loss & Memory in the 100th BG.
- Jim Blakely, MD Son of Everett Blakely, Pilot and CO, 418th Squadron. Black Week and Just-A-Snapin's Mission to Bremen, Oct. 8, 1943
- 5:30PM Reception and Banquet Dinner
As always, we welcome back our many friends including Jonna Doolittle Hoppes, active duty military members of the USAF 100th Air Refueling Wing, Curator and Museum volunteers from both Thorpe Abbotts 100th BG Memorial Museum (England) and Museum of Air Battle Over the Ore Mountains Sept 11, 1944 (Czech Republic), and others. ALL ARE WELCOME!
We look forward to seeing our 100thBG "family" at another amazing reunion gathering! View